Orlando, a premier leisure, convention and business destination, is the location for the 2016 Athletic Business Show. With its theme parks, excellent shopping and diverse restaurants, the International Drive Resort area is sure to provide tons of excitement. Three popular theme parks — Universal Studios Florida, SeaWorld Orlando and Wet 'n Wild — are located within the resort area, while Walt Disney World is just a short drive away.
- Orange County Convention Center
- Directions to Orange County Convention Center
- Orlando International Airport
- Walt Disney World (Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios)
- Universal Studios Florida & Universal’s Islands of Adventure
- SeaWorld Orlando
- Orange County Convention and Visitors Bureau
Take a moment to visit the Orlando Convention and Visitors Bureau kiosk, located in the West Concourse of the Orange County Convention Center in the central lobby of Hall C. The staff at the kiosk will be able to answer your questions about where to go when you are not in a session or on the trade show floor. Check out all of the great things they have to offer from discount theme park tickets, maps, shopping, restaurants, cultural information and much, much more. With so many options to play, you may end up staying a couple of extra days.
Downtown Disney is a 120-acre metropolis of stores, restaurants and theaters.
Universal CityWalk is a 30-acre entertainment complex offering a wide variety of specialty shops, restaurants and nightlife.
Pointe Orlando is an expansive open-air shopping, dining and entertainment complex within walking distance of the Convention Center.
With more than 170 golf courses, 20 golf academies and some of the world's most prestigious tournaments, Orlando is a true golfer's paradise. Voted the "North American Golf Destination of the Year" by the International Association of Golf Tour Operators in 2010, and with stunning courses designed by the likes of Nicklaus, Dye and Fazio, Orlando offers visitors an exclusive golfing experience not found anywhere else. See a list of courses.
Orlando has 52 million square feet of retail space and is the fastest growing retail market in the United States. Here are a few of the best shopping areas. (Visit www.orlandoinfo.com/shopping/ for a complete list.)
- The Florida Mall — Features 1.8 million square feet of shopping including, Dillard's, JCPenney, Macy's, Nordstrom, Saks Fifth Avenue, M&M'S World, Bare Essentials, Build-A-Bear Workshop, Clarks England, Hollister Co., MAC, Apple, Zara, Michael Kors, Pink, Sephora and over 250 specialty stores. Orlando's first American Girl store opens at the mall in 2014.
- The Mall at Millenia — 1.2 million-square-foot super regional center, bringsto Orlando 150 of the world's finest stores, services and eateries and provides an unparalleled shopping experience.
- Outlet Centers — Orlando Premium Outlets (several locations) and Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores.
onPeak (formerly Travel Planners) Is the Official Housing Provider for AB Show, ICAA, MFA & NAYS
For the eighth year, Athletic Business has designated onPeak (formerly Travel Planners) as the official housing provider for the conference. onPeak has a great reputation and works with several hundred conventions and events a year.
Hotel blocks will open in May. A wide range of hotels will be available, ranging in price from $89 to $249 per night.